Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween and Birthday Boys!!

Halloween was fun. Cole loved his costume when we first got it. I put him in it a few times to try to get him used to the mane (he was a lion). He would wear it around no problem. Come Halloween he HATED it. It sounded like borderline child abuse if you could have heard him wale. I actually thought it was funny.
We went to a fun birthday party for Lola (thanks again Nat) at a cute farm in Syracuse. Cole loved the animals and somehow won a pumpkin during a piglet race. I still don't know how he won??? But non the less he did win and couldn't have cared less.

Halloween night we had our favorite overnight guests - Ed and Rachel - staying with us and ended up not taking him trick-or-treating since he was being a the cowardly lion at the time. We had a bunch of trick-or-treaters and Justin got sick of the doorbell ringing, so he put the candy on the front step and guess what??? No one dumped the whole bowl. Kids these days.




Look at that happy child!! Justin and I were laughing so hard (we are bad parents, we laugh when our child is crying) we could barely keep still to take a picture.


The next day was Cole's 1st birthday. I can't believe it has been a year!! It really has flown by. We had a little family and close friends party. Cole had protested his afternoon nap so he was asleep when people arrived. I was going to let him sleep another 30 min while people ate until my mother-in-law walked in the door and told me that they had to go soon. I did the unthinkable and woke a sleeping baby......so in all the pic's he looks a bit drugged, but really he is just sleepy. The things you do for family.


After we took his cake away he kept saying "more more more".

The presents - he actually liked the presents and not the boxes like everyone said.


Cole seemed to like the bagel Ed bought him for breakfast more than anything else the whole day. He was holding onto it like it was a lifeline.

Happy 31st Birthday to Justin as well on the 28th. There are a few pictures but they did not turn out well, so I am going to be a good wife today and not post them.

Happy Birthday to my favorite boys!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cole!!

Melissa said...

Wow! I can't believe he is ONE already! That year went by too fast! He is SO CUTE & I loved his Halloween costume!

Halaufia's said...

Such an adorable little lion.

I hope you three are doing well.
Happy Birthday Cole!

Lauren Ricci said...

I LOVE his costume! Happy birthday to both Cole and Justin. We will have to celebrate it tomorrow at the very chilly game.

Unknown said...

What a darling Halloween costume. It is ok that we laugh when maybe we shouldn't. Just check out Melissa's blog and see what our two little boys did and all I did was laugh. I had such a hard time trying not to laugh. Happy birthday to your house full of birthday boys.

Katie said...

I love how much the three of you entertain eachother. The one of you guys laughing and Cole crying pretty much sums up why I love you guys and why I decided I want children...a picture really does say 1000 words.