Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Justin gave me an F in blogging

Justin told me last night that I deserve a "BIG F" in blogging. I am still quite surprised that he even reads our blog. Seeing that I haven't updated in quite some time I had to agree with him on my F. Here is my attempt at catching up. Get ready people here comes..... the 3 M's.

Mother's Day, Missouri and Memorial Day!!!

I know just the mere mention of anything Missouri is SO exciting. Almost as exciting as the mention of Delaware.

The Saturday before Mother's Day is officially first day of boating season in the Albrecht household. Even though the forecast called for cold temps and rain we headed to Utah Lake anyway. The Billses came with us. While no one actually got in the water we all got some sun and had a great time together.

Cole is quite the little trooper on the boat.



There is nothing like snow in the distance to make you want to get into your swimsuit. Cole makes this mannerism at least 100 times per day. It is followed by a loud "HUH". If you have spent more that 10 minutes with Cole you have seen it. I had to add it to the blog for posterity.
Cole with "Aunt Rachel".


Cole and Justin picked out some flowers for Mother's Day. For some reason I only took a picture of this sunflower. Of course there are no pictures of me and my child on Mother's day. I really need to make Justin take pictures of Cole and I.

On to..................Fabulous Missouri. We went out to visit my parents over my mom's birthday. Yes, if you are counting this is my 3rd trip in under a year to Fabulous Missouri. Missouri is just THAT fabulous. It was great to see my parents. They are VERY BUSY, never get a day off and while they are exhausted they are doing great as Mission Presidents. I would like to add that I had to address my mom as "Sister Van Komen" to get her attention - VERY STRANGE. I wonder how long that will last after they get home in 2 years?


Here is Cole tucked into the luggage on the airport shuttle. Last year we bought a GoGo Babyz travelmate that screws onto your car seat making it a stroller for the airport. I LOVE IT!! We have used it on 8 flights so far and it has been wonderful. http://gogobabyz.com/products-c26-gogo_Kidz_Travelmate.aspx


While Cole LOVES the airplane, I LOVE the mean, glaring looks our fellow passengers give me as we are boarding the plane since we have a child with us. Then when we are getting off the plane everyone wants to chat me up and now comment on how cute Cole is. Really people - now you want to be friendly?


In my parents mission territory they have a great farm where the Missionaries do service.
We packed up Cole and headed for farm county, it was really fun. While at the petting zoo we ran into a old college friend we had not seen on YEARS. Crazy who you will meet at a petting zoo in Kansas isn't it?


Justin and Mike Alexander.

After running into Mike, Justin decided to feed Cole to some goats - or at least that is what happened. Cole must have tasted really good that day.




Here is my mom with a few of her Missionaries that were working at the farm that day.
HUH?

The only goat that didn't try to eat Cole.
The only picture I am in from our trip. Sitting on a cow bench. Very classy.
Here are a few of my parents 200+ missionaries. Also the only picture that had my dad in it. They came over and sang happy birthday to my mom - which included a ukulele serenade.


I promise I am almost done with the longest post ever.



For Memorial day weekend we went to Jordanelle and Rockport. Again sadly it was a slightly cold and rainy weekend but we managed to get everyone but Cole out on the water. It was COLD!! Thank goodness for wetsuits.
Cole was very confused that people were behind the boat.





So now I am caught up on my blogging. I need to thank the Wiggles video "You Make me Feel like Dancing" for making this longest blog post possible.

11 comments:

katherine said...

i loved this update! you have had some fun!! i would give this blog an A++ for sure!

that cole is just darling!

The Cliftens said...

Mike called Jefe and said that you guys ran into him at the petting zoo! How random is that? Looks like lots of fun events..and after I have this baby you better invite us boating!

Unknown said...

It's okay about your hiatus from bloggin, just don't let it happen again!! So, I think Cole is so stinking cute! Would you get going on #2 so we can see how cute he/she will be? I would love to go to fabulous Missouri. There is a guy/kid in our ward that is in your parents mission. His last name is Hizer, but at the moment his first name escapes me, it must be Elder! Anywho, it looks like you are getting along splendidly. Good to have you back! :)

Rachel said...

Thanks for not posting wetsuit pictures. You get an A+ for that! See you manana!

Halaufia's said...

Welcome back to the blogging world..jk... I hope you and the family are doing well!

It looks like you have had a fabulous month so far...Cole is sooo adorable!

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

finally something new to see!! Your boat looks super nice and cole is so dang cute. i also hate that i'm never in a picture with my kids, but you next to the cow is classy.

Lauren Ricci said...

I love the fact that Justin gave you an F. He is so funny. Glad to have you back, you have been missed! That stroller/carseat thing is so cool! I am definitely buying one when I have a baby if I get to travel anymore!

Thanks for sharing all your fun adventures! Looking forward to WWW with you! See you tomorrow.

OH and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Marielle Carlisle said...

What fun! Love the 3 M's.

*Leslie* said...

I'm glad to finally see an update! I love the pictures of the goats eating cute Cole :)

Unknown said...

Ok...I am glad to see that I am not the only one that completely fell off of the blogging band wagon over the last month. I loved to see all the fun pictures. Your parents look like they are enjoying every minute of their mission. I just read an email that they sent to my parents the other day, I love that you have gone to visit them three times in the last year. What a fabulous person you are. Look forward to more blogging from you.

Melissa said...

I loved that post! Cole is so freakin' cute in his life jacket & hat & I can't believe all the goats! How funny! Chip would have loved to see Mike - how funny you ran into him.

Great update!