Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Here comes the sun

Finally the sun decided to join us this summer. I had actually started a smear campaign against the weather man after EVERY weekend had thunder showers. We wasted no time to head up to Pineview reservoir to soak up as much sun as we could handle. Justin and Cole can only handle about 10 minutes of sun so I had to take one for the family and spend the entire day working on my tan. Our friend Bart came along and was nice enough to spend most of the morning teaching Justin and I how to wakeboard.

Bart told both Justin and I that he would be surprised if we got up on our first try behind the boat. I think we were as surprised as he was that both Justin and I got up on our wakeboards the first time we tried. How long we actually stayed up in another story, but for our first try not too bad.





Justin - not bad for his first time on a wakeboard.



That is me in the back. Cole always wants to look into the camera lens.


My sister, Margie.

Our wonderful tutor Bart.

We met our good friends Dixon and Rochelle (somehow no pictures were taken) and let the boys all play in the water. Cole had his first short, slow ride on the tube and did pretty well. He was trying to claw onto the tube at first and then he loved it. Cole also had his first encounter with Pez candy and what a mess that was.

Where is my life jacket you ask? I get the gold star for safety that day. I completely forgot.

Cole and Daddy. That little boy loves the water.
Wish me luck. We are heading to Flaming Gorge for the 4th of July. I can't wait to see how camping with a VERY busy toddler is going to turn out.
Happy 4th of July!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like TONS of fun!! Cole is such a cutie. Have fun at the Gorge and remember your wet suits (its FREEZING!)

Lauren Ricci said...

Have a great trip! That last picture of Justin and Cole is adorable!!!

Rochelle said...

ok! Why didn't we get any pictures?! We need to make a better plan. We would have loved to meet up with you in Flaming Gorge! Yea, did you get the hail storm. We thought it was going to dent the car. I was thinking it was a beautiful place though. Maybe we ought to plan a nother trip, maybe labor day??? oh and I did the same thing when I got on the tube with the boys, forgot the life vest...ha ha. guess we are so focused on our babies now we forget. so funny