Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Extravaganzza

Yea! Thanksgiving is over. It was a whirlwind of a week. It started out on Wednesday with my IUD going missing. No, I am not going to go into detail on this. If you know me well enough to read my blog you may ask all you want about it. I am happy to be a public service announcement on IUD's so just ask, I may even draw some sort of diagram. Anyway, I am not pregnant and after a trip to the Doctor and a trip to the hospital it was all sorted out. All I could think about during the whole ordeal was I had a million things to get done since I had house guests coming that evening. Thank you to Wendy for the pep talk and Justin for taking off work and getting the rest of my "to do" list done.


Thanksgiving day was funny. My test turkey a few weeks back took 2 hours longer than expected and the actual T-day turkey was done 2 hours early. Go figure. Lucky for me most of our guests arrived 3 hours earlier than expected so I just had to call a few people and tell them the time for dinner had changed from 5:00 to right now.


We asked for any volunteer's to say a blessing. My 8 year old nephew Tristan was the first (and only) volunteer. His prayer was as follows "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless the food will be GOOD and that Issac will come up later to play". It was the best and shortest Thanksgiving blessing I had ever heard. His prayers must have been heard since the food turned out pretty good.

Some of the nieces and nephews. Poor Cole he was so confused with all the people in the house.

Justin's brothers and sisters.


One broken treadmill (thanks nephews) 5 dishwasher cycles and a few loads of laundry and Thanksgiving was over. Sunday our last house guests left and the house felt strangely calm. It really was fun to have a house full of Albrecht's. Maybe I am a sucker but I think we will do it again next year.

Cole helping with the basting.

The girls. We never did get a picture of the men, or the whole group for that matter. Oh well, there is always next year. I like that I look exhausted and that I have some type of food or stain on my shirt that no one told me about.

6 comments:

The Cliftens said...

what is this about the IUD?? I am concerned! I want to hear the story..

Unknown said...

Yay way to go on the turkey!! Good for you and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself too. You know, you gotta keep an eye on those IUD's, they're tricky suckers!! Definitely not good to loose one I would suspect ;) I'm happy everything worked itself out, or through, or whatever the case was!

Can't wait to see you on St. Nicholas.

Lauren Ricci said...

Looks like your Thanksgiving turned out great! My IUD went missing once as well and I had to go have an ultrasound in order to find it. They are funny things! I want to hear the whole story about it soon though. Like I said, we need to go to the OG now that football season is over.

Rochelle said...

you kill me. I am always laughing when reading! Fun!...other than the IUD drama. I just got one two weeks ago...lets talk. Cole is the cutest! Love the Santa hat. Hope to get together soon!

Unknown said...

You are so funny, and I think it is interesting that you are so willing to tell the whole story, as everyone has said. Since I too want to hear the whole story, you will have to fill me in on Friday at St. Nicholas. I have had two and never had one go missing. Your turkey dinner seems to have been a great success, that is awesome that you did all of that for all those people, what a woman!!!

Melissa said...

You are so funny! I love reading your blog! Hope everything is okay with the IUD! CRAZY! Glad to hear you made it throught Thanksgiving too!