Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good times at Jordanelle


Last weekend we spent the day up at Jordanelle. It was so cold driving up the canyon in the morning I was sure we would get on the water and get right out. The Jeep said it was 49 degrees at one point. Fortunately for us it warmed right up and we had a great day. A bunch of people had told us that Cole would go to pieces once we put him in his life jacket but actually in true Cole form he loved it.

If you look close you can see that he has 6 teeth It seems like they just arrived overnight. It makes me sad - he is not a baby anymore :(.

Typical mom/wife I was the only one who got a sunburn. I was so worried about Cole and even more worried about redhead Justin I completely forgot to throw sunscreen on myself. Such is the life of a mom.

The water was pretty cold. I jumped in anyway and told Justin it was too cold for his tender water temperature tastes. I even added that I promised NOT to tease him if he chose not to get in. Men are funny creatures, of course he jumped in and the look on his face was priceless. He hid the camera from me on purpose. He looked SO surprised at the temp. Funny stuff. I laughed for at least 10 min. I reminded him that I did not promise not to tease him if he did jump in. Good times at Jordanelle.

6 comments:

The Cliftens said...

Yay!! I love discovering new blogs! How are you? Cole is getting so big. We need to all get together for dinner or something soon, I haven't seen you guys forever!! PS..I am adding you to my blog list.

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

Cole looks like he's in his perfect element in the life jacket. Now you guys need to get a boat.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun time. Cole looks so dang adorable! We never went out on the boat this year, so Ryker never had to experience the life jacket.

Rachel said...

I don't think I have ever seen you burn! That's crazy! Maybe it will turn into a base tan for Mexico!!

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how much Cole looks like you. He is so cute!!!

Katie

The Johnson Family said...

Ya I noticed you were sunburned that night, but always forgot to ask!!!! You looked like Brett had made you mad.... I miss seeing you all flushed like that....OH the good ole' days!!!!!