Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Nativity Story

Christmas is well on it's way and I was wondering if anyone who reads my blog has a good children's book that tells The Nativity Story? I have seen a few here and there and of course online but I am generally pleased with recommendations from my friends and family. Really to be honest there is no way I have the time to read 9 Nativity books at Barns and Noble and pick out a nice one with my kids with me - I don't even have kid free time to go to the dentist let alone the bookstore. If you and your kids have enjoyed one together please let me know the name and author of the book.

Merry Christmas


6 comments:

Kate said...

Great post topic! I was just thinking how we don't have any books explaining the real meaning behind Christmas for Benjamin either. Sorry I don't know of one, but I'll definitely be checking back on your blog to see what others have recommended.

Lauren Ricci said...

How about I run down to Barnes and Noble on my weekly Starbucks run and check a few out :)

I think this will be a great tradition for you and the boys. You are such a cute good mom! I was actually going to give you a cute nativity scene at bunco that is complete with magnets and a nativity story. I think Cole would enjoy it because you have them put up the magnets from the 13th, all the way to Christmas day while reading a piece of the story. If I see any good books and B and N, I will text ya :)

Rachel said...

I really like, "Room for a Little One" by Martin Waddell and Jason Cockcroft. It's told from the manger animals' perspective, which I think is really cute. There is also "Who is Coming to Our House" by Ashley Wolff. It is also told from the animal's perspective but it is a board book and geared to a little bit younger kids. Either one would be good for Cole.

*Leslie* said...

When you find one you love please tell me! We've checked out a couple from the library and they were a little strange!

Heather said...

One I loved when I was younger, I loved, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" by Barbara Robinson... I know it's not age appropriate for your boys... but one day ...

Andrew Boehlefeld said...

Christmas is my all time favorite holiday but i wish my family was together durring it they all go to flordia while i stay home in ohio cause its way too hot for me