Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cabo San Lucas

We had a great time in Cabo. The weather was perfect and no one was mugged, which in Mexico is about all you can ask for. It was really nice to spend a few days with Justin with no work or cell phones. We did miss Cole so much. I may or may not have held a complete strangers baby in the pool.
Our lifelong traveling partners the Bills's were great company. I don't think we took one picture where one of us isn't laughing out loud. Unlike our other trips to Mexico we were offered drugs on more than one occasion. Luckily a few of us are D.A.R.E. (drug abuse resistance education) graduates so we were able to say no. I keep thinking...what was different this trip? Do we look more like drug users than the last few time? Is that what having children does to you?


Pic of Justin and I we are both laughing. It was the only one that looked half decent.




In the picture below we were at a restaurant called the Giggling Marlin.


Below is the famous Cabo arch and Lovers beach. The pic is a little squirly since we were on a rocking boat.






Justin and I para sailing. It was lots of fun. All we saw was a flying fish and a dead pelican. Yuck.





Justin after going on the doon buggy. They were filthy. They told a girl in the hotel they had been mugged after she asked why they were so dirty.

Rachel and I went to the spa while they were out in the hot sun. I had my first and last massage buy a guy. I didn't think to request a female. It weirded me out. I know they are professionals but it was too strange for me to relax. Even funnier is that Rachel and I were in the same room. When the boys booked it they must have given the spa girls the impression that we wanted them together. How many friends can say they had a couples massage together.
The Cabo Group. I asked some man to take our picture (since he was laughing at our conversation earlier) his wife gave us - well me the death stare the rest of dinner and then again at breakfast. I thought it was funny, so I would just smile and wave.





Below is the elevator - we still don't know which one we were supposed to push.


Justin and I thought this was funny - which way would you go?



Pic at the pool. If you notice it is surrounded by shade. Justin and Rachel are not sun friendly. At one point we had 5 umbrellas for 4 people. A girl came by and asked if she could have one of the umbrellas. When I told her we were using them, she asked "ALL of them"?

The food was alright. We are not overly picky. I really enjoyed the translations. The one below is my favorite and that it was food we were supposed to eat at breakfast.


8 comments:

The Cliftens said...

That is hilarious about the drugs...yes, I think you take on a little cracked out look from all those missed nights of sleep. :) I am jealous, invite us next time!!! You guys going to Homecoming? You should come!

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

Poor Cole caught a cold :( So we are not going to make it. I tried to see if Justin wanted to stay home with a sick child and let me go....but that didn't go over so well.

katherine said...

cute haircut annie, and that looks like a great vacation!!

Lauren Ricci said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I am glad it was so much fun! Your stories are hilarious and I can't wait to hear more about them tomorrow. I especially love the elevator and the translations. Duh, typical Mexican. What else were you expecting? See you soon. I might be quite jealous of your tan though. :-)

Rachel said...

You want to some blow? How could I forget that! Cute pics. I will put all the ones we took on a cd and bring them to you. But only if you have a voucher.

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

Cabo is so fun, I'm glad you had a good time. It's always nice to get a break away from your child. We missed you at bunco.

Melissa said...

Awww...Mexico! It brings out the finest! I loved your pictures of the signs, elevators, & food translations! Looks like you guys had a great time! You look beautiful - as always!

Hillary said...

Annie you look babe-a-licious in all your Mexico pic's. Looks like fun!