Monday, October 27, 2008

15 hours of.....


Last Thursday Cole slept 15 hours through the night! He has always been a great sleeper but seriously 15 hours? I put him down for a late nap at 5 and left for dinner with some girlfriends. When I came home Justin said he never woke up for dinner. I asked him "did you check on him? Is he breathing?" Like his mother, missing a meal never happens. So off to dreamland he stayed until 8 am. Crazy. My mom said he must have been in a growth spurt and needed his rest. Then on Saturday I noticed he could do this.....see pic below.






He is not even on his tip-toes.



I know touching the doorknob is no big whoop - but are most 11 month old's that tall? I would have to say no - since he is in the 98% for height and that was 2 months ago. So, I am hoping he is not smart enough to figure out how to turn the doorknob. His hand are also huge though - so just by accident it will probably happen soon.

Bailey was watching Cole in action. Intently waiting for the door to open so he could try to get away. One may think??? Isn't that dog big enough to just step or slightly hop over that tiny baby gate? Not our dog. He's not that smart, thank goodness.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't believe he can reach the doorknob! I know, I know, you and Justin are not short people, but seriously!! He is 11 months! Get that kid in basketball lessons!

Brian said...

My god, Cole is cute...and so tall! I'm unsure as to whether I've got Justin's correct cell number and I couldn't find him on facebook (granted I spent only a couple minutes looking), so I figured this would be the best medium to say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Cheers!

Unknown said...

Your little, I mean big boy/not old in age yet, hee hee hee, is so dang cute. It really has not been that long since we saw you guys, but he has definitely grown. I agree with you though, hopefully he will not learn to turn to door knob too soon.

Melissa said...

Wow...you are in for it! Reaching the doorknob at 11 months! It has only just begun!!! He is a doll!

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

He is one tall cutie pie, your going to have your hands full earlier than most.