Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Nothing says the 4th of July like........

75 bags of mulch. This was the first 4th of July in my life I didn't have days of activities planned. My dads birthday is on the 4th so we usually have a birthday week extravaganza. Stadium of Fire (or Stadium of Smoke as Justin and I call it) down in Provo, Oakley Rodeo and a Baseball game are our yearly activities. Fun but it makes for a long hot weekend.

I was excited to relax, hang out with Justin and the baby. Have some nice quality family time. I was a little sceptical when I told Justin I was going to jump in the shower and he told me to wait because he had a surprise. Justin came home with 75 surprises. The back yard is now complete and it really did make a huge difference. I was wishing the whole time that I was born one of those little tiny girls who people would never ask to do heavy yard work.

Sweet baby Cole just sat in the shade and laughed and was fascinated by the wheel barrel (black beauty, Justin named it that). Justin and I really lucked out in the kid department. He is such an easy baby.









Before




After




The Surprise, that was only half of the bags :(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of work but it looks awesome!!! Cole looks just like you!!! He's adorable!!!

Katie

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

good work!!! i can't believe cole will just sit on the grass and be so happy, he's such a cutie

Lauren Ricci said...

Cole really is such a great easy baby! It was so much fun to see him bouncing away on Saturday.

The backyard looks amazing! I can't believe you did that in a day! It would have taken us weeks. Your house is so fabulous and the outside is no exception. Good job on all the hard work.

Melissa said...

Wow! You are ambitious! It's looks GREAT!

Rachel said...

What am I supposed to do at work if you don't update your blog?! Seriously.