Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday, Sunday, Monday then...... Baby Day!!!

Only a few days left until my body is no longer for rent by this baby. Unless he decides to make an early appearance I am scheduled to be induced on Tuesday May 11th. Thankfully that is 1 week early. As of right now I am 38 weeks and a few days and the baby is measuring 41 weeks + or 3 weeks ahead. I am taking bets on the weight and length. Whoever guesses the weight or length closest without going over will get something of value sent to them from me. If you are against "betting" then consider it a participation prize.
Right now it is 3:39 AM on Saturday morning. I have had insomnia for months with this baby. I had it with Cole as well but it didn't start until the last few weeks. After Cole was born I actually slept better the first 4 weeks he was a newborn than I had the last 4 weeks he was on board. Having insomnia makes me an even bigger slacker on blogging. I really do have time all night to be down here typing away. My Mom even told me I sound tired? I am not sure how that is possible but I must look even worse if I sound tired.
Let's see those guesses on weight and length. Just for reference Cole was also a week early and 8lb 7oz and 22.5 inches. I am not sure if Justin was early or late but he was 10lb 14 oz and 23 inches.
I will keep the blog posted as much as I can. I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day weekend.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck!! I'm excited to see/meet Coles new brother. We are blessing Bronson tomorrow if you're feeling up to it and don't have anything else to do on Mother's day!! We're going to have a bbq at a nearby park afterwards, no pressure, but you're invited. :) Make sure you/Justin posts pictures soon. I guess 9lb 8 oz.

Halaufia's said...

YES!!!! I can't wait...I am so excited that the time has finally come. Wishing you the a safe and speedy delivery with a happy, healthy young boy! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and wishing you the best! Happy Wonderful Mother's Day Annie! Miss you and Love ya! Know we are thinking of you all as albrecht number 2 joins this world!

*Leslie* said...

Are you seriously still pregnant?! Just Kidding! I thought for sure you'd come a little early since he's big. Good luck, good luck, good luck! I hope all goes well and you can get some sleep. My bet is 9lbs 4oz but if I win don't send me anything, just take an extra nap!

Lauren Albrecht said...

I was worried about how big my babies would be too, because I knew how big those Albrecht boys had been. You'll remember my first 3 were fine, but baby #4 was the winner - 10lbs. 4oz.! I wonder if baby #2 will be your big Albrecht baby? If so, it will be a delivery you'll never forget! Make sure the epidural is turned on to high! I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday. Have Justin call me instead of Shane (boys never ask the right questions). Good luck to you. I'm sure everything will be great and he will be as handsome as Cole. SOO glad to hear your mom will be there! My guess is 9 lbs 3 oz and 22 inches. By the way, what will his name be?

Rachel said...

I am guessing 9lbs, 2 oz. So excited for your family of 3 to become a family of 4! I am hoping for a quick delivery! And I just wanted to remind you to ask if he is posterior before you start pushing (though I am SURE you didn't need me to remind you). Give that baby a big kiss from us when he gets here and give big brother Cole one as well!

Lauren Ricci said...

I have been thinking of you all week hoping to hear he has decided to make his appearance early. I am sorry you have been suffering insomnia but please let me know if you need anything after baby comes, even if it's just so you can get a shower and an hour nap. My guess is 8 lbs 10 oz but I am crossing my fingers that he surprises you and is a bit smaller than he is measuring. Good luck with everything and know Mike and I are sending lots of love and good vibes your way for a safe and easy delivery. Love you lots and can't wait for this little/big one to get here. Good luck!

The Johnson Family said...

My guess is 10.4 and 22.5 inches. Hopefully I win!!