Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas

Christmas was very different this year. Going through all the Christmas traditions without your parents there is strange - especially since we are babysitting their house for them. Waking up Christmas morning in the house you grew up in without your parents and siblings around is strange. Cole is still too little to understand the whole thing. He did look pretty cute in his tiny Santa suit that my dad bought and had monogrammed for him.



This is Cole climbing into the Elmo box. Elmo is kind of scary to tell you the truth.






Here is Cole on Christmas. The entire morning all he wanted to do was run down the hall to my dads office and look at these pictures. Since I was born my dad has put together a yearly montage of family pic's. It has been a fun tradition. For some reason Cole loves to look at them. We had to force him to open his gifts.








My dad even sent Bailey his own monogrammed Santa hat. Notice the dirt on his nose. He was trying to bury the hat but couldn't figure out how to get it off.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like a great Christmas! Would be strange to be in my parents house without my parents too! Cash was terrified of Elmo for a good year, and being the good mom that I am...I would get it out just to watch him freak out! :) ha ha! I love Cole's santa suit!

Lauren Ricci said...

I am glad you had a good Christmas, even though it's a change. It's really hard to grow up and have a family of your own and keep the traditions going. This was my first Christmas where I didn't wake up at my mom's and that was hard to swallow, I don't know what I would do if they weren't even in town. I am glad you got to spend some time with them though and the Santa suit and hat they sent are ADORABLE!

Unknown said...

I know how you feel about being in the house you grew up in on Christmas. It was strange doing it for my kids and being the adult. Cole looks darling in his outfit.

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas, Elmo, huh...I remember buying Morgan a dancing Elmo, and she is 11 now. Wow time flies with your kids. And by the way I love that your dad still does the picture collages. I remember those, they are so fun to look back and remember.

Unknown said...

Hey thought I would let you know that my friend Melissa Skinner posted a picture of Rob on her blog if you want to check it out, I had already forgotten how bad he looked and remembered why I did not take any pictures.

Anonymous said...

love the little santa outfit!!!

Katie

Rochelle said...

adorable! How are you?!! Funny, someone else said that emlo was a little creepy about Damon's elmo too. ;)